• • •
- Consult with your Vedic Astrologer for individual remedies for
gemstones as these can be very powerful.
- Gemstones should always be new and not previously own or
worn by anyone else. You do not want to constantly be connecting
with another person’s karma.
- Backings should be open so gemstones touch the skin,
otherwise they will have little effect.
- Doing other remedies below on a regular basis and with
proper intention can yield results stronger than wearing gemstones
as focused alignment and devotion can surpass all. When you find
you are chanting a mantra internally without prompting is when it
has gone deep and is creating great internal shifts.
Chanting the Prayer to the 9 Planets in the morning is
excellent way to align with all the planets:
Sun: Aum Sum
Moon: Aum Som Somaya Namaha
Mars: Aum Kum Kujaya
Mercury: Aum Bum Budhaya Namaha
Jupiter: Aum Gum Guravay
Venus: Aum Shum Shukraya Namaha
Saturn: Aum Sham Shanayay
Rahu: Aum Ram Rahuvay Namaha
Ketu: Aum Kem Ketuvay Namaha
Aum Shanti Shanti Shanti
Remedies for the Sun:
- Chant the Sun’s mantra: Aum Sum Suraya Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Ram, Aum, Hrim
- Deities: Shiva, Agni
- Wear the Sun’s colors: all shades of orange
- Eat the Sun’s foods: carrots and beets (cooked or
juiced), currants, raisins, pomegranate juice, sugar cane
juice, red lentils
- Wear the Sun’s gems: ruby, garnet, sunstone / gold /
rings can be worn on the ring finger
- Do spinal twists that work on the solar plexus and
support the organs in that area (liver, spleen, gall
- Call your Father or father figure and tell him you love
him or take him out to lunch!
- Solar Eclipse recommendations: A very powerful time for
manifesting what you want, write your list of things you
want (from life, from work, for your health…) and state them
in the present (rather than “I would like” write “I have…”).
- Doing these things on Sunday is especially helpful as it
is the Sun’s day. Doing these things (on any day) with the
intention that the energy is to support the Sun is also
| Remedies for the Moon:
- Chant the Moon’s mantra: Aum Som Somaya Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Cham, Som
- Deities: Mahadevi, Parvati, Apas
- Wear the Moon’s colors: white, pearl, silver, grey, black
- Eat the Moon’s foods: coconut water, coconut milk, rice, rice pudding, milk, tapioca, yogurt, water
- Wear the Moon’s gems: pearls, moonstone, mother of pearl / silver / rings can be worn on the index or ring finger.
- Do restorative yoga and asana to activate the water center. Do so from a space of “bhakti” or devotion.
- Call your Mother or mother figure and tell her you love her or take her out to lunch!
- Nurture yourself in every way
- Lunar Eclipse recommendations: A deeply internal time which supports release of old habits, patterns, ways of being that no longer serve or support you and your environment. Write it all down or have a garage sale and let the old go so the new can come in!
- Doing these things on Monday is especially helpful as it is the Moon’s day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support the Moon is also important.
| Remedies for the Mars:
- Chant the Mar’s mantra: Aum Kum Kujayah Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Aum Kum, Aum Rum
- Deities: Ganesha, Skanda, Bhumi
- Wear the Mar’s colors: all shades of red and coral
- Eat the Mar’s foods and keep agni** strong: eat red lentils, fresh ginger, agni tea
- Wear the Mar’s gems: Red coral (to energize if feeling inertia setting in), white coral (to placate if feeling too fiery) / rings can be worn on the index or ring finger
- Get your muscles and energy moving! Have direction, an action plan and a bit of patience!
- Get a massage, acupuncture session or Ayurvedic consultation! Do Yoga! Sweat! These are all healing Mars modalities.
- Doing these things on Tuesday is especially helpful as it is Mars’ day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support Mars is also important.
| Remedies for the Mercury:
- Chant the Mercury’s mantra: Aum Bum Budaya Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Aum Bum, Aiym
- Deities: Saraswati, Vishnu, Narayana
- Wear the Mercury’s colors: all shades of green
- Eat the Mercury’s foods (but don’t eat fast!): green dal, leafy greens, zucchini, summer squash, almonds, cashews
- Wear the Mercury’s gems: emerald, peridot, jade, aquamarine / rings can be worn on the little finger
- Do gentle pranayama (breathing exercises) to calm the mind and nervous system, like alternate nostril breathing or So Hum breath. Inhale fully and slowly and exhale fully and slowly. Deep long exhales help to release toxins in the system, so try to breathe out more than you breathe in.
- Doing “abhyanga” (Ayurvedic oil massage) in the morning or on a weekend will help soothe and support “majja dhatu” (the nervous system) as well as other deep tissues. For more info on abhyanga:
- Be mindful of thoughts and communication.
- Doing these things on Wednesday is especially helpful as it is Mercury’s day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support Mercury is also important.
| Remedies for the
- Chant the Jupiter’s mantra: Aum Gum Guravay Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Shreem, Aum, Aum Bruhm
- Deities: Ganesha, Brahma, Brihaspati, Indra
- Wear the Jupiter’s colors: yellow, gold and purple
- Eat the Jupiter’s foods: chickpeas, mung dal
- Wear the Jupiter’s gems: yellow sapphire, citrine, topaz / rings can be worn on the index finger
- Go for a hike and work the thighs. Do that extra lap.
- Do yoga poses which wring out and support the liver, gallbladder, pancreas.
- Be in a “jyana” space – knowledge and upliftment.
- Do a liver cleanse or eat foods and herbs which support lowering cholesterol and liver functions like milk thistle, dark leafy bitter greens (kale, collards, dandelion greens)
- Babysit for a friend as Jupiter is the planet of children
- Call your Guru or favorite teacher and tell her/him you love her/him and are grateful for the lessons you have received!
- Doing these things on Thursday is especially helpful as it is Jupiter’s day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support Jupiter is also good.
| Remedies for the Venus:
- Chant the Venus’ mantra: Aum Shum Shukraya Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Shreem, Hreem, Aum Shum
- Deities: Lakshmi, Indra, Indrani
- Wear the Venus’ colors: all shades of pink, pastels
- Eat the Venus’ foods: kidney beans, cashews, asparagus, zucchini
- Wear the Venus’ gems: diamonds, clear and rose quartz / rings can be worn on the middle or little finger
- Take your partner out and tell them you love them! Do partner yoga!
- Infuse love and creativity in all you do!
- Engage your core.
- Do mula bandha (root lock which can also activate reproductive region)
- Focus on the pelvis and reproductive organs with forward bending yoga poses, heart openers (camel, cobra, bow), seated poses that bend from the hips.
- Doing these things on Friday is especially helpful as it is Venus’ day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support Venus is also good.
| Remedies for the Saturn:
- Chant the Saturn’s mantra: Aum Sham Shanayay Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Shum, Aum Shanti Shanti Shanti, Aum Namah Shivaya
- Deities: Shiva, Kali, Prajapati, Yama
- Wear the Saturn’s colors: black, blue
- Eat the Saturn’s foods: sesame seeds, black beans, black rice, black dhal, blue corn tortillas
- Wear the Saturn’s gems: lapis lazuli, amethyst, malachite / rings can be worn on the middle finger
- Blue sapphire is a powerful Saturnian gem that very few people can wear without experiencing harsh affects in their lives and health. Please consult a Jyotishi if you have one to see if you are supported by wearing a blue sapphire.
- Fast – in Ayurveda, fasting is eating one meal like kitchari mid-day and having warm spiced milk at the beginning and end of the day
- It’s “Seva” time! Be of selfless service – give your time and energy to those who are in need
- Have patience! Be organized! Keep focused and positive! You are getting there!
- Doing these things on Saturday is especially helpful as it is Saturn’s day. Doing these things (on any day) with the intention that the energy is to support Saturn is also important.
| Remedies for the Rahu:
- Chant the Rahu’s mantra: Aum Ram Rahuvay Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Aum Ram, Hoom, Doom
- Deities: Durga, Serpent God
- Wear the Rahu’s colors: yellow, gold, orange, red
- Eat the Rahu’s foods: black sesame seeds
- Wear the Rahu’s gems: hessonite garnet
- Observe Rahu Kala:1.5 hr long times of the day associated with Rahu / don’t do anything during this time if possible (esp. lending money or traveling) / meditation, mantra, kirtan is good to do during Rahu kala as Rahu can cause misunderstandings and can create obstacles
- Monday: 7:30 am – 9:00 am
- Tuesday: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday: 12:00 noon – 1:30 pm
- Thursday: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Friday: 10:30 am – 12:00 noon
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
- Sunday: 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
| Remedies for the Ketu:
- Chant the Ketu’s mantra: Aum Kem Ketuvay Namaha
- Bija Mantras: Aum Ram, Hoom, Doom
- Deities: Ganesha, Rudra, Brahma, Chitragupta the God of Karma
- Wear the Ketu’s colors: yellow, gold, orange, red
- Eat the Rahu’s and Ketu's foods: black sesame seeds
- Wear the Ketu’s gems: cat’s eye
- Rahu and Ketu altars: Shadowy stones with spots, black sesame seeds, fierce gods and goddesses, owls
- Doing these things on Saturday is especially helpful as it is a supportive day for Rahu and Ketu.
**Agni is the digestive fire in Ayurveda that helps us to digest and assimilate everything in life, not only our food but our emotions as well as our daily life events. Agni is the key to health and longevity.
**Here are some Ayurvedic ways to support agni, and can be done everyday:
- Take 3 deep belly breaths before eating.
- Drink ginger tea! Ginger is considered “tridoshic”
(balancing for all) and its natural pungent taste will kindle low
agni (digestive fire). Low agni can show up as various forms of
indigestion (gas, bloating, burping, heartburn, slow digestion)
- Drink “agni tea”: recipe is on the Ayurvedic
Institute’s online resource page at
- Eat plain yogurt in between meals. To make a “lassi” mix 1 part yogurt with
1 part water, and add some powdered cumin and a pinch of salt for
a savory lassi or some honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a
sweet lassi. FYI: never eat yogurt after sundown or with any kind
of fruit, especially sour fruits. Sorry to say but those
delicious-looking parfaits and fruit smoothies are actually pretty
bad for your digestive health. (See the “incompatible food
combining” chart on
- 20 minutes
before a meal, take a teaspoon of fresh grated ginger, a pinch of
mineral salt and a squeeze of fresh lime. This will help to
ignite a weak or out of balance agni (and will also make you do a
little sour-faced dance in the kitchen!).
- Do spinal
twists, or lay on top of a firm pillow or bolster placed directly
under your ribs. These will help stimulate the digestive enzymes
in the stomach, gallbladder and liver.
- Eat only when
you are hungry. A sure-fire way to extinguish agni is to overeat,
eat on the go, eat too little or eat when you aren’t hungry.
- Avoid drinks with ice when you eat! This will
immediately extinguish your agni and create all sorts of
indigestion. If you need internal cooling, try drinking fresh
coconut water or adding lime to your water (lime is slightly
cooling, whereas lemon is slightly heating).
Home / Vedic Astrology Readings /
Testimonials / Workshops / Monthly Forecast